Wednesday, September 05, 2007

We're trying this potty training thing!

After reading someones blog on the subject matter, I asked Aynlsee when she woke up from her nap if she wanted to wear big girls panties. She said, "Yes." So I put on the lined ones that I friend gave us and set the timer for 15 minutes. We moved the potty chair into the LR in front of the TV. She didn't go the first time but I set the timer for 10 minutes. She didn't go. I let her sit on it while watching a cartoon for about 15 minutes she didn't get up so I let her sit there. She didn't go. But went the next time we sat down and she got to put a sticker on her chart. She was very excited as was I and we did the happy potty dance.

We continued this using the timer. She had one accident but since the pants were lined I didn't have a mess to clean up.

This morning after she got up we sat on the potty. I started with setting the timer again. She didn't go the 2 times I had the timer set. I had to get my shower because we were going out. I just put the potty in my bathroom and while I was taking a shower she sat on the potty and went pee pee. We did the potty dance again.

I put a pull up on her when we went out. She went poop in it once we got home. But I started again with the training pants. She had a accident but I caught her as she was going. I sat her down on the potty. Then we got clean pants. I had set hte timer again for 15 or 20 minutes. I can't remember. I guess I caught her as she was about to go poop. There was a little on her pants but when she stood up she had gone poopoo in the potty. She was so happy with herself.

Tomorrow we are going to be home all day. I am hoping for some similar results. I don't really think she gets it yet but she's interested as long as I tell her she needs to sit on the potty. She knows when she has gone and will tell me that she's gone in the potty.

Even though I am not exactly sure having her potty trained when we go to Disney will be an easy thing. Having her trained at home will be wonderful.

1 comment:

Emily said...

OH, Oh, Good Good! I hope she keeps it up. Well when you go to Disney World just put a pull up on her just in case and then you want have to worry if she does have an accident. Even if she is going all the time at home. Turner still wears a pull up at night and on long trips...and he is 4 just in case...he usually does good, but you never know with him. Hey at least she likes the chart! A+ Mom....tell her Aunt Emme is proud of her...and don't forget kisses!