Monday, December 10, 2007

nap war

We have been going through this nap war for about a week or longer. I put Aynslee in her room and for an hour or longer she plays. Most of the time she will go to sleep. But today I put her in there 2 hours ago and she is still awake yelling for me or crying to come out. I need the quiet time that a nap offers just to stay sane most days.



I put Avery in there today hoping it would help and they'd both go to sleep because of the company. It has worked before. Well, they are both either crying or playing. I guess I need to get Avery and put her in her own bed and just leave Aynslee in there.



Only problem with that is, she'll go to sleep and wake up to late. I may just forgo the nap today and put her to bed early tonight.



The nap thing is the reason why I am very hesitant to put her into a twin bed. She is still sleeping in her crib and it's working well for all of us. I am thinking of moving Avery into the bedroom with Aynslee in hopes of her sleeping better at night. Maybe not being in the same room as mommy will be good for her. She is waking up to often at night it's worse most nights than when she was a newborn. Which makes for a very tired and grouchy mommy most days.

I better go get Avery and put her in her bed. Then decided if Aynslee will be ok without a nap.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Life's little happiness...of Naps for toddlers and babies. I love naptime on the weekends, but only because I usually lay down too. Kinda a win win situation.