Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a little randomness on Hump day

Is anyone else glad it's Weds?

That means tomorrow is our Friday since Josh has Friday's off. YEAH!!!

I started another knitting project. I am making a pair of longies for Avery, wool pants. I searched for a while to find a simple pattern. This one in knitted in 2 pieces then you weave the seems together. I like the wool covers for the diapers and we only had a little soaker that was to cute to put pants over it.

It's been warm here the last few days, near 80's. I went out yesterday morning to up the recycling out and it was warm. I had to change my shirt. Today is the same but rainy since there is a cold front moving in, then it will be back to highs in the 60's, I like that kind of weather. No need for AC or heat.

We are back to basics with our diapers. Avery has out grown the medium pockets. I have a dozen in the next size up but I am use to having a lot more. Since Aynslee occasionally wears the large to sleep in I will have both of them in these diapers at bedtime. Which means more washing, so I have decided to try to use the old fashion prefold and water proof cover to see how long I can make the pockets stretch between washes. I actually don't mind them, they are a trimmer fit only down side is she requires more changes throughout the day. Poops are easier with those flushable inserts I have, no dunking just flush. Even easier with those flushable moist wipes, but I am considering getting some washable wipes. I think currently we go through at least one mega pack of wipes which is around $6.00 a month. But if I can just wash and reuse then less in the landfill and maybe a little extra dough in our pockets. However; Josh wasn't to keen on the idea but I am not really concerned since he rarly changes diapers anymore. I think he's changed one in the last 4 or 5 months.

For some reason this morning the girls are more mischevious than usual. Last year Avery hardly messed with the tree, she was crawling and I thought we'd have trouble. This year she is into it every second she can get away with it, pulling off ornaments and taking the lights off on the bottom. I am glad it's a fake tree this year or else I'd have needles all over the place. The tree needs a playpen. LOL! I have to stop what I am doing every few minutes throughout the day to get her away from the tree. But this morning Aynslee is also involved which is rare. I looks to be an interesting day here.

Well, I have things to get done so it's off for me.

Have a great Hump Day!


No comments: