Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Melting Pot

Thanks to a sweet friend of ours that offered to watch the girls for us. We were able to go out to The Melting Pot the other night for dinner. Some other friends of ours had recently eaten there and spoke pretty highly about it.

We researched online before going so we had an idea of what we wanted. We decided on Big Night out Fusion, it was a starter of cheese fondue, bread, raw veggies and apple. We picked the Cheddar fondue. It was really good. I didn't think I'd like the apples dipped in the cheese but that turned out to be mine and Josh's favorite. The salad was next, we chose the Cobb salad with homemade peppercorn ranch. I love salads and this was really good, a nice mixture of dark greens. Our entree consisted of, fillet migon, lobster tail, pork, chicken, shrimp and salmon, with vegetables and some wonderful ravioli's. You cook it all yourself on an eye right in front of you on your table. The meat was so tender and delicious. I don't care much for lobster but Josh does and he commented on how good it was. For desert we chose the Yin Yang chocolate fondue which was a mixture of dark and white chocolate. It was served with toasted marshmallows, brownies, pound cake, rice krispies, cheesecake and strawberries. Even though all of the food was good the desert was the best part. I love chocolate!!! And it was a chocolate lovers dream.

We went there knowing that the place was on the pricey side. However; they have a military discount of 50% off Sunday through Thursday. A very nice surprise! They do add in 18% gratuity to the bill but Josh really liked our waiter and gave him a little extra.

It was so nice to go out and eat a meal without being interrupted by screaming children and just enjoy being together.

I can't say Thank You enough to our friend that watched the girls. It meant so much to us for you to think of us as we are preparing for this year apart to give us some time together.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that you have someone around to help you. It is nice to have a date every now and then. I wish I could have watched the girls for you!!! Boo HOOOOO!

grannyshirley said...

I also am glad that you and Josh got a night out. What a special time it was for you both. The food sounded yummy.

Lacey said...

I have heard great things about that place! I think we have one near us. We might have to try it out!