I have a few posts rolling around in my head along with reviews of a few things we have purchased lately. I just haven't taken the time to sit down and write them. It's not that we have been super busy it's just that I can seem to get all my thoughts down in a post and make them make sense.
My blogaversary was last month. I have had this blog for 4 years. And sometimes I feel like I am really reaching to write a post. Most often our day to day lives are really ordinary and I find it hard to be creative about the same old stuff, washing clothes, cleaning, etc. I am sure you get what I mean. I realize that a lot of people use blogs as sort of an online journal. While I have documented a lot of our daily lives here and a lot of the girls milestones. I often wonder if I should be typing all this but writing all this down for them. Something tangable for them to pass down for generations.
When I was younger a day didn't pass that I didn't write in a journal, I have a number of journals from my teenage years. But I stopped not long after I got married.
So now I am considering picking up paper and pen and start writing all this down. One of the reasons that made me think about this is when Josh and I started to get to know each other it was through "snail mail" while he was deployed 10 years ago. I still have that shoe box full of letters. But as it became easier to email each other the less we wrote letters, I know that a lot of men/women that are deployed look forward to something from their loved ones. Either a package or a letter something that is tangable that might even smell like home.
For those that still read this blog I am not saying posting here will stop completely, it might be less often, it might stay the same. It might even increase as we do more things with the weather getting nicer. I just feel like I am in a rut and need a new creative outlet for myself.
3 comments:
I hope you don't stop blogging. I look forward to seeing the girls picture and things they are doing. I cherish those blogs. But, you have to do what is best for you. Keeping a journal is wonderful. Something future generations can read and get to know who you were; what you thinking and feeling.
You should print all your post's and put it in a scrapbook. A blogging scrapbook...that way it's not just wasted and then the pictures will print too. Love you.
It is hard to feel fresh after blogging for years.
I know what you mean!
*hugs*
Post a Comment