
While I was preparing for our trip to Disney World last month I was wondering how to make things easier on myself with a 3yro and 2yro without Josh with us. Grated his family would be with us with some extra hands but I felt like I needed to be able to get around by myself if the need arose. How was I going do that with two small kids, a stroller and a giant bag?
My answer came in the form of the Ergo Carrier. A friend of mine has one and swears by it so I started doing some research online to find out if this one was really as great as it sounded.
Now I have been through 4 carriers since having Aynslee. All of them would work for a little while but then become uncomfortable and start to either hurt my back or shoulders. I knew that none of them would work for this trip.I needed something comfortable and easy to put on. Only two of the ones I have would even work for Avery at her current weight and those are the 2 that hurt my shoulder after only wearing her for a short time.
I found mine on eBay brand new and a little cheaper. It's the one pictured above. It's a luxurious organic cotton with a beautiful print to boot.

It's rated to carry a baby from birth to 40 pounds. Newborns to 4 months require the use of an infant insert which can be purchased separately, here.
The carrier can be used to carry baby either in the front position, hip carry or back carry which is pictured to the left. The back carry is my favorite because it doesn't feel like I am carrier her at all.
This carrier is so versatile for our family because Aynslee can be carried in it as well. She still falls in under 40lbs. There were times while on our trip that she fell asleep and I used it to carry her onto the bus and to our room.
If Avery started crying for whatever reason if I put her in the front carry position in the Ergo she was happy as could be.
This truly was the best money I have ever spent on anything for the girls. I could not have gotten through our trip without it. It made things so easy. On one of the days we were in the parks I wasn't able to ride something that a few of the others were going to ride. So I set out to meet up with my brother and sister in law to do stuff with them and their kids which are close to the same age as mine. I had Avery in the Ergo on my back and Aynslee rode in the single stroller. It was great! I still had my hands free for what ever I needed to do and was able to get through the crowded park without any problems. And the best part was that my back never hurt no matter how long I carried her front or back position.

For more information visit, Ergo Baby Carriers.
2 comments:
man I forgot to include baby carriers on my list of things I don't do anymore.
So sad.
I did that many many times!
I have pictures of me on the Battleship at Wilmington with a baby on my front climbing those little stairs!
Now all my babies can climb!
:)
sniff.
Thank you so much for this post! I know I will be referencing it in the future. You know, like when I get another little one here! :) As always, thanks for sharing your mommy wisdom with me!
Post a Comment