Friday, May 29, 2009

deals....

We are headed to Busch Gardens' tomorrow and we were only able to fit one single stroller in the Jeep. I do have my Ergo but we will probably be gone all day. And after our trip  to Disney I know that one stroller will not do. So I started a hunt this morning looking for either a cheap umbrella stroller, a good used double Jeep stroller or a sit and stand stroller. I found a few consignment stores at yellowpages.com plugged them into TomTom and off we went. The first store I stopped at was really close to were we are staying. It was a very small store with lots of things. I first spotted a Chicco side by side double I considered getting one of those back in March. It's the umbrella one but it was $169.99. I wasn't  going to pay that for a used stroller even if it did look new. Then I found a single Jeep umbrella stroller in pink, it was new but the price was $49.99.  Then I saw a double Jeep umbrella stroller, Score! But when I asked how much it was I was told it was $100. I can get the same stroller new at Babiesrus for $89.99. I told this to the owner but she refused to budge on her price. I just left. Thinking I'll keep trying, a stop at the Salvation Army store was unsuccessful. I had to return a few items at Babiesrus so I looked in there after my items were returned. They have the double Jeep umbrella for $89.99. I toyed with the idea of just getting it there new but wasn't sure I should spend that amount of money. They also had the Baby Trend Sit and Stand which I decided I was going to get one soon because Aynslee is just getting to big to ride in a stroller and rarely wants to but it was $129.99 not in my budget I didn't want to spend over $100.00 on something and was hoping to get away with $20. I had checked the local craigslist and everything I found seemed to expensive for being used. We got back into the Jeep plugged in the next address for a consignment shop I found online and off I went. That TomTom has paid for itself just with this trip alone. Anyway, I made my way out near NAS Oceana. They have horse stables on that base with some beautiful green pastures. I found the store. When I walked in I spotted this cute smocked dress. I have a thing for those and picked it up before I got into the store further. That dress was going home with us. Then I spotted it. A sit and stand stroller. I asked the lady that owns the store how much, I had to pick my mouth up off the floor when she told me. A steal at $79.99 it looks brand new and is a $200. stroller. Not a Baby Trend but a Joovy. I told her I would take it. I am so excited about my find. I saved us so much money in the long run. This stroller fits our needs for a long time it came with the attachment for the infant car seat. I could probably sell my current double stroller which no longer works for us close to what I just purchases this stroller for and make enough to cover what I just spent. It really does pay to search around the second hand stores to find gently used kids items for a fraction of the cost. 

3 comments:

grannyshirley said...

I am glad you found what you were looking for. You guys are sure busy.

Jac said...

I am still REALLY JEALOUS about this sit & stand!!!

Emily said...

You lucky dog! I need a new stroller so bad...I just took the kids to the mall and about went crazy with just one stroller...kenzie was everywhere I told her not to be...and was running around barefoot, YUCK! Her feet were black.