Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Experiment

Some of you are probably wondering what happened to my weekly reports about my weight loss.

I'll tell you what happened.

The trip to VA.

Out of the 10 lbs. I had lost before leaving I gained 8 back, lost 3 of that after we got home and have been stuck.

Feeling not so motivated to keep up with points I came up with a new plan for myself.

It's my little experiment.

Eating breakfast every morning within an hour of getting up, this is really hard for me but since school has started it has been easy. We all get up go to the kitchen and sit at the table to eat breakfast.

Watching my portions, without weighing my food. Just eyeing a half of cup of rice or a cup of pasta but eating no more that than.

This is something I have wondered about but I have finally put it to the test. Since Avery can't have dyes I have been reading labels on foods. If we get a treat type food (cookies) it has to be dye free which in turn also means preservative free. I have wondered for a while if eating fresh fruits, veggies and less processed foods with out dyes and preservatives would have an impact on weight. I'm seeing that it has some truth to it. I mostly buy all natural lunch meats or meats for us as of late. Avery and I have also been eating more turkey than red meat or chicken.

Since testing this theory out I've lost close to 3 pounds in about a 2 week time frame. Without counting calories or points. I feel a lot better and crave less sweets. That in itself is amazing. It seems I always want something chocolate and cant' seem to be satisfied with just one but now one sweet is more than enough.

Next week I'll be adding in some exercise.

I'll try to update everyone about how it's going.

Right now I need to get Aynslee from school.

1 comment:

grannyshirley said...

I hope you continue to lose weight and feel better.