Monday, October 05, 2009

2

Is probably my least favorite age?

2 yr olds are hard to talk to, reason with or really do anything with/for at times.

Looking back Aynslee wasn't one of those terrible 2 yr olds, around the time she turned 3 and a little after we had some bumps in the road but for the most part she is an easy child. Aside from her sassy mouth at times she is usually happy and pleasant to be around.

Avery on the other hand is not a great 2 yr old. She was the sweetest baby, always smiling and happy. Once she started walking she became a different little girl. TERROR is a good word for her. She has her moments when she is purely delightful but those moments are few and far between.

We had an awful day yesterday. She screams a lot for no particular reason. My attempt to a solution for this is to send her to her room and tell her not to come out until she stops. However she doesn't listen and will follow me around the house continuing to scream/cry. Lately I've been putting myself in time out since trying to put her in time out doesn't work. Most of the time that does work and she will stop the screaming.

I am at a loss as how to handle this little girl. One thing I have learned as a parent is that they are individuals and you can't control them. And that the child's behavior isn't always the parents fault. The worst thing is when Avery acts out in the store (which is practically every time I go to the store) and people stare at us like she's the worst kid in the world and I'm the worst mom is the world cause my kid is screaming and acting crazy.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 3 will bring some positive changes for her. If not I might have to commited until she's 18.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

WE are finally phasing out of the terrible twos. At least I hope so! Ha!

Emily said...

Ha ha!!! I think they missed the terrible 16 months! Sometimes I think 3 is bad too. Hang in there! I here it's a long road ahead :)