This morning I went with my neighbor to this semi annual kids consignment sale. First time I had ever been. When we walked in I was excited to see ALOT of stuff, from Halloween Costumes to toys and every thing in between. My main goal was to get Sugar some church dresses and long sleeved shirts. The selection in her size was minimal. I found a few really cute things but they were very pricey for a second hand sale. There was a Halloween dress I would have loved to have gotten her obviously handmade even though it was very well made but they were selling it for $20. I can get something similar from the second hand store for less than $10.00. I was only able to get her a pair of Children's Place jeans for $5.00 and some shoes for $10.00 that were high end and hardly worn. I don't usually get second hand shoes this was first for me, might even be the last. I scored some board games for $3.00 and some beginning reading books really cheap. Not a bad experience.
On the way home we saw a yard sale on the side of the road so we stopped. The lady gave me a 4 poster headboard/footboard and frame. Probably a full size. It needs some work but DH can fix it up. I also got Spice a bike for $5.00
Yesterday we went to the mall to look for something for DH's phone. We went into Aeropostale. Since he lost over 15lbs during induction most of his clothes to do not fit him. They had jeans buy one get one free. We walked out with 2 pairs of jeans, 4 shirts, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of shorts. Money spent was $72. money saved was $194. I almost fell out when I saw how much we saved. Another reason why I love that store!
2 comments:
Love those bargins.
A women after my own heart! I shopped at Penneys last week and got Lilly a pr of $36 Nike velcro tennis shoes marked down to $17.99 used my $10 shoe rewards certificate and got the tennis shoes for $8.77. Then on to men's department where I got Chuck a heavy flannel shirt $40 marked down to $19.99 $10 rewards certificate $10.96 for the shirt.
Post a Comment