Thursday, November 18, 2010

Experiment......

All week I've been wanting to make some homemade treats for us, but I've been so busy during the day doing other things {we've been outside a lot this week} that it hasn't happened.

I made some time tonight to get in the kitchen to bake after the girls were in bed for the night. My standard recipe from Bell's Best just wasn't going to cut it, to much butter and shortning. I pulled out the Deceptively Delicious cook book but she called for an odd amount of butter.

With the latter recipe as a guideline I came up with my own recipe, not to bad but could use some improvement.

This is what I did:

1/2 cup butter {I used Earth's Balance vegan sticks}

1 cup sugar or stevia {I used 1/2 cup Sun Crystals}

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups flour {I used 1 cup all purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour}

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup quick cooking oats

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips {I used M&M's left over from Halloween}

I added some unsweetened applesauce because the mix was to dry.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix first 4 ingredients together then add all the dry ingredients. Drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes.

Enjoy with a tall glass of Skim Milk!

This is the first time I've ever deviated from a recipe and did my own thing.

Let me know if you try this yourself I'd love to get some feedback and know if you did anything different to make them taste even more delicious.

No comments: