It's 9:00pm both my girls are in bed and for the 4th night in a row Josh is outside working on the fence. I feel bad that he had 5 days off from work and we didn't get to do anything fun. He's spent them working in the hot July sun. He got a late start today because we all took a nap. It looks like another couple of weekends will be spent working on the fence.
I guess that's ok. We will enjoy it once it's done. I see a swingset out there in the near future with lots of fun to be had with a certain 2 year old.
Josh has a new calling at church. He will be an advisor to the 12 and 13 your old men in our ward. Also, an assisant scout master. I think anyway. I know there was mention of scouts and campouts, etc. This means he will be teaching on Sundays so we will be staying for the 3 hour block which we normally don't do. Aynslee will be happy to attend nursery. She went in today for a little bit.
So here's a question for any of you that are reading and feel as though you would like to leave me your opintion. What does it mean to keep the Sabbeth day Holy to you? Is it not shopping on Sunday? Is it attending church? Spending quality family time? Serving your fellow man by visiting others?
I spent most Sundays after church with my best friend. She came from a large family and she was the youngest. One of the vaules that was highly taught in their home was keeping the Sabbeth day Holy by not shopping on Sunday, attending your church meetings or activities and then coming home.
Something else I took from spending time with them was that on Sunday you had listen to church related music. This was something I practiced for a long time and still while driving to church I will either turn the radio off or listen to hymns or the childrens hymns. I feel like it helps prepare us for the meetings and invites the spirit.
Just a little food for thought.
Until next time.....................
No comments:
Post a Comment