I know some of you are probably curious about the changes I mentioned in a post last week.
I think it's safe to tell everyone what that was about. While out for our moms night out with our playgroup. One of the moms mentioned how they started getting her 10 month old to sleep through the night. This baby is 8 days older that Avery, also named Avery. Anyway I thought oh how nice that would be but I can't let her cry. I came home said something to Josh about it. Then we contined on with our normal routine.
But the next night I tested it, I let her cry when she woke up after only sleeping a few hours. She went back to sleep but woke up every half our crying after that and kept me awake. So the next night I didn't have the monitor on in my room just the doors open. She slept better about 6 or 7 hours before waking up. I got her fed her and put her back in her bed.
We had 2 mornings last week when the girls woke up together in their room and played before I got up. It was so nice. Usually Avery will cry and whine because I have put her in the playpen at the foot of our bed to watch Baby Einstein so I can get another 20 minutes of sleep. But when she is in there with her sister they keep each other company.
I wish I could say that has continued, some nights she sleeps good other nights she up a few times. Last night was a decent night she was only up once before waking up for the day.
The other thing I started doing is having a set schedule for naps. Avery goes down at 10:00am every morning for a nap. Then at 2:00pm they both take a nap. This has been so nice because while Avery is taking her morning nap I exercise and get my shower.
I bet some of you were thinking it was something major but really I just didn't want to jinx our new sleeping arrangments. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that we will have more and more good night sleeping with less night wakings the more we stick to this routine.
Until next time...............
3 comments:
Way to go mama! I am so proud of you! I finally had to make my mind up and not let them make it up for me. Most of the time it works. I am so glad that they are sleeping better. A sleeping better baby usually makes for a happier mama! :)
Glad your sweetie is sleeping better. It is hard to let them cry. I admit I do let Megan cry some before I go in. I can now tell by her cry if she working through it and going back to sleep or if I need to go get her. She also plays when she wakes up in morning. I have also found that when I am out and about and her nap schedule gets messed up it can ruin the whole day. Best of luck with this!
We have all been thru this at one time or another. I remember Kristy waking up several times during the night when she would flip over on her back. I don't know if it scared her or what but finally she didn't wake up every time she flipped over. It is hard to lay there and let them cry but you get to the point when you know if they are ok or something is wrong. I remember one time putting Kristy down for a nap when she was a baby. I just happened to go up and check on her and thats when I discovered she had 105 temp. I had just had her to the Dr. that morning (not pediatric dr though). He said she was ok. Well it turned out my instint was correct she had an ear infection in both ears! We rushed her to the emergency room at the army base where they did have a pediatricain. I asked the Dr. if she could have suddenly gotten an ear infection in both ears since the morning visit to the dr. and he said no. From then on we drove to the army base and no more navy clinic (we were in Japan at the time)!
Post a Comment