Tuesday, January 29, 2008

the drama of wearing earrings in our house

So while we were waiting to veiw the pictures that we had taken of all the cousins last week we went walking around the mall. Aynslee had asked me a few weeks ago if she could have earrings like mommy.
I told her she could if she wanted them. Josh and I had talked about it months ago. He said that both of them had to get them at the same time.
While walking by Claire's I asked Aynslee again and she said, "Yes!" We took all the little girl cousins to get there ears pierced.
Aynslee picked hers out little pink daisy's.
She started going nuts ask soon as the lady wipped her ear off and marked it with the marker. Josh had to hold her down.
After it was done she was crying put looking in the mirror to see her earrings. She loved them.
Every time we go to clean them she acts like an idiot. She screams and kicks and covers her ears.
Avery just sits there and lets us clean and turn them without a problem.
So last night while trying to clean them. IT takes both of us to do Aynslee's. One comes out. I knew as soon as we realized it had come out we weren't going to get it back in.
We did try without any success. She was so upset over the fact she didn't have hear earring in that when she saw it was out she cried.
I didn't take the other one out. She's walking around with one earring. We haven't decided wait to do.
Either leave the earring in and get her one ear repeirced or take the one out and wait until she is old enough to understand and clean them herself.
Josh and I both love how girly she looks with the earrings.
But she is so difficult!!!!
I just don't know what to do.
You see this smiling little girl.
She loves her earrings.


2 comments:

Kitcat said...

Try this, ask Ainsley if she wants to clean her ear and put the earing back in herself. You have nothing to lose. It may work. It probably is sore. I piered mine myself years ago with what they called sleepers and had to wear them and keep them in until they fianlly went all the way thru. Talk about hurt. But a friend of mine and I did this together. So funny!

Emily said...

I am so sorry to laugh, It really isn't funny. I know I have mine coming to me, but she may look like Josh, but boy oh boy is she more like you in so many ways...hard headed! :) I love that I am not the only one that calls my child an idiot sometimes :) Well I like the idea of trying to let her clean them herself. Can you put it back in when she is alseep. You may have to hold her down to do it or go through repiercing it again. So sorry for the drama.