Thursday, January 03, 2008

resolutions

So I have been pondering my resolutions for the new year, then I read a post that Chris has up at her new blog. It got me thinking go over and read it.

Here is my short list in case any of you are wondering.

1. becoming more green
This one I will elaborate on, for me this means taking small steps to help out. I am not going to go all crazy with it. One thing we have done is bought reusable bags for shopping. This makes Josh happy because he won't have to see piles of plastic bags shoved into places. I am also trying to eliminate the use of disposable diapers. gDiapers is a wonderful alternative. I'll be honest in saying we didn't start out cloth diapering because of the environment. It was to save money. That's why we will only use the gDiapers on occasion, like traveling, nighttime and when they have a rash. Currently I am looking into changing all my cleaning products to something with less chemicals. I am going to try out using white vinegar for a floor cleaning. And using Melaleuca products for our soaps, etc. We also started recycling.

2. Eating healthier
This isn't just to loose weight it's really to become more healthy

3. Exercising 3x or more a week
Also to become more healthy with the benefit of getting in shape.

4. FHE once a week.

5. Becoming more efficient at my Visiting Teaching.

6. Eliminating the clutter in my home.

This is it for now. I may or may not add to it. It just depends.

Has anyone else done theirs? Do you want to share it with me? Leave me a comment about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go green as much as possible and lose weight for 2008.
Be more diligent in my VT.

Carrie said...

Ok, ok. I guess I need to get my bum in gear and work on my list too! LOL!

I might need to steal some from yours- like FHE every monday(I've been HORRIBLE at that), lose weight, and eat healthier!

Best of luck on your list! I hope that I can really stick to mine this year! Go 2008!

Happy New Year to your beautiful family!

Kitcat said...

Add getting out of debt to your list. I have added that to my list in addition to eating healthier, losing weight and exercise.