Thursday, March 27, 2008

it's all about the birthday party

Yesterday the topic of the day was Aynslee's birthday party. Ever since Avery's it's all she can talk about, the cake, singing, etc. Well, I had gotten a catalog in the mail, you know one of those birthday ones. She found it and started looking at it. When I saw her with it I told her to pick what she wanted to have for her party. She picked, Mickey Mouse Club House. Then started talking about bubbles and balloons. ALL DAY LONG. That was intermitted with, "Is daddy home yet?" I mentioned having her party in the back yard so then it was in the back yard, with bubbles and balloons, Grandma, Gran and Papa, did I mention this went on ALL DAY LONG. Between Avery's screaming because she fell down or she was looked at the wrong way. Then when daddy finally got home we went over all of it again and daddy got in on planning the party. Let's just say we will be well prepared for this party when June gets here.

Avery's new thing is going over to the gate that leads into the kitchen and screaming. IT means, "I am thirsty!"or"I am hungry, so feed me right now!" I am very seriously considering not torturing myself today and staying home from storytime. Just to avoid any outbursts from Miss Avery. I guess we will see how the morning progesses. She did sleep for 12 solid hours last night. If mommy had only slept a good portion of that.

Aynslee's new thing is sleeping in our room. However; not in the bed with us. When we took her crib down I took the mattress and put it in our bedroom. It's fits perfectly on my side of the bed between the wall and the bed. She slept on it while every one was here for Avery's birthday. The other night we had been reading before we went to sleep and I set my book down. I look and she is standing right there. Josh suspects she never went to sleep. She got into bed with us and started faking that she was asleep. We were asking her questions and she was answering them with her eyes tightly closed. He asked her if she wanted to sleep on the little bed. So we made it up for her. She slept there all night long. Only climbing up in our bed after Josh had gone to work. The night after that 1:30am I hear a knock on the bedroom door. I open it, "mommy I sleep you room?" I told her to go get on her bed again she slept there all night long. I don't remember what time it was this morning I did hear footsteps. I had left the door open so she could just come in. I noticed her laying on her bed at some point. And after Josh had left for work she climbed in bed with me. I know I will probably I get a lot of comments on how bad this is but it's a lot better than her being in bed with us. And if it makes her feel safe then I will continue to let her sleep there for as long as she needs to. I had a lot of trouble when I was little sleeping and either had to have someone stay in my room with me until I fell asleep or I slept on the floor in my parents room. So to me it's a compromise.

There are lots of things to be done today. Nothing exciting mind you but things to do all the same.

Until next time...................

1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't think that is bad. At least you start her out in her own room. I also like the idea of having her sleep on the floor on a pallet is a whole lot better than in the bed with you. It is probably just a phase she is going through anyway, since she has done so good for so long.