Friday, March 27, 2009

MOTH BALLS

I am headed out this morning to get some good old nasty smelling moth balls. They will be covering the perimiter of our yard. I found a deer tick in Aynslee's head last night. I found it while rinsing her hair after their bath. I tried for a good 10 minutes to get it out and couldn't. Then I started panicking, since I had been told to not pull it out with twizzers. Our neighbor came over and got it out for me. Then some sweet friends came over after nine o'clock last night and brought us some Campho-Phenique to put on where it was in her scalp. From what I could tell it might not have been on her that long. It was not imbedded in her head but I didn't look at it that closely before I started trying to get it to let loose. It didn't take long for it to start to release so I am hoping she doesn't get sick from it. I have to watch her for 3 weeks for a fever to set it which might mean she has lime disease. Very scary for her mama to think about. As of now the dog isn't allowed in the house other than the kitchen were her food and water are kept. I need to get her treated for fleas and ticks today. Since I am just about 100% positive that the dog brought it in the house, the girls played on the couch were she sits and Rory has been spending a lot of time outside since we got home from vacation.

No comments: