Monday, March 30, 2009

weigh in week 1

Total loss for the week= 3.8 pounds.

A great first week. I am feeling better. Although throughout the week I have often wonder why the heck did I stop doing this, it really is simple.


I purchased the Biggest Loser Boot Camp at home workout DVD from Sam's. When I attended the meetings the leader encourged the newbies to wait until their 3rd week to start with exercise so that's what I am going to do this time. This will give me a few extra points for the day. Honestly I don't want anymore points, some days like yesterday I find it hard to eat all of my allowed points.

Fruits are typically 1 to 2 points per serving but I am not a big fruit eater. Raw veggies are zero points and I find myself loading down my salads with raw broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, and mushrooms. So getting my vegetable servings in a day doesn't seem to be a problem for me. I will have to work on the fruit as I start to exercise.

I am really liking using the Weight Watcher meals. After I feed the girls their dinner I just open the freezer and pick something out. The points vaule is already on the box so I just write it down in my journal. The meals are usually pretty tasty, some better than others. I think the way I am doing program this time is similar to Jenny Craig or Nutra System only I am not paying a crazy about of money for food or weekly fees.

I am just hoping that this becomes so automatic that staying with it to maintain will be easy this time even after Josh gets home. I'll just cook our meals from my Weight Watcher cookbooks then.

4 comments:

grannyshirley said...

Great job, Erin. The only thing I worry about with the WW meals is there is a lot of sodium in them. I glad this program is working out for you. When I am at your house I will cook the WW recipes. You still will know what the point value is. Keep up the good work.

Lacey said...

Thats a great first week! Justin and I are starting tomorrow.

Kristy said...

Great job on the loss! I really like the lean cuisine meals better (especally the cheese pizza). Try drinking fruit juice; maybe that will help? How is Aynslee?

Jac said...

Wow! Almost 4 pounds, that's great! Can't wait to see you sometime this week and notice how much thinner you are! :)