Back in Sept. when Chief (my hubby) returned from the ship I had interviewed for the command Ombudsman position. It took them a while to get back to me about it. I was not selected for that position but they offered me the President position of the Family Readiness Group. I didn't know what it was so I googled it (what would we do without google) I'd be in charge of having get together's while the command is deployed. It's for the families. I'd do fundraisers for us to have money to have parties for the kids. My wheels started to turn and I've come up with some great idea's of things to do. I spoke with the Command Master Chief after pre deployment brief this week to let her know I was interested and to find out a few other things. We need to appoint a Vice President, Treasurer, and a Secretary.
I'm really excited about being a part of this. I'll admit I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the Ombudsman position but it is a lot of responsibility. I'm still involved being in this group. And my kids get the benefit of making new friends and doing a lot of fun things in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment