I haven't felt much like blogging. We found out on Friday that Josh did not make chief this year. Which means that he will be leaving in March for Kuwait for a 12 month tour. He received his written orders yesterday.
I didn't want him to take these orders. He applied for them once and was turned down. Then had a Master Chief and one of the Officers in the command talk to his detailer to make a deal for him to get them. Needless to say I am not happy about it.
Yesterday, after he called me and told me about the orders and time frames as to when he was leaving. I started thinking about what will happen in those months that he will be gone. He leaves in Feb for a month of training. Avery will turn 2. In June Aynslee turns 4 and in the fall she will start school. Avery will be 3 before he comes home. He will miss her 2nd and 3rd birthday. It just breaks my heart to know he 's going to miss so much of their lives. And that it was his choice to do this, he could have taken orders somewhere else so we could have stayed together. Even if it was sea duty orders it wouldn't have all been at once like this. Thirteen months......
So ya'll will have to forgive me if it's quiet around here at one day in the life of me for a little while. Just trying to process all this and figure out the best way to deal with it all. We have 6 months to prepare but that feels like agony just knowing it's coming.
3 comments:
It is not easy with two little ones. I worked around Birthdays but he missed Halloween, Christmas and other firsts. Justin was within flying distance if there was a major emergency. Thats about the only positive thing I can say about being seperated. What was supposed to be 6 months turned into a year. We had to geo bach. for financal reasons!
You just have to rely on family and friends. I taught preschool Bible study at church to help pass the weekends. Yall will be in our prayers! If you need anything know that we are here!
You all will be in our thoughts and prayers, also.
I am so sorry! Military life is not easy sometimes! I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers! You always have us to lean on! ;) (I know it's not even close to being the same!)
Post a Comment