Tuesday, May 19, 2009

city living

I forgot to mention I now know what it's like for people that live in the city. You know the one's that live in the high rise apartments. Yesterday, the girls and I made a run to the Nex and Commissary. When we got back I had to quickly think of how we'd get ourselves and our purchases up to the room. Josh's room is on the second floor and there are no elevators. 

My solution was to put Avery in the Ergo on my back and proceed to carry the bucket I had gotten for the few toys we got them to play with. There were a few bags in the bucket, multi tasking the carrying. I climbed the 2 flights of stairs put the bucket and my bag in the room turned around with both kids walked back down the stairs across the street to where we are parked got the other 2 bags and a box of soda and walked back up the 2 flights of stairs with Avery on my back and Aynslee following happily behind me. I think by adding those 27 extra pounds to my load up the stairs a few times I day by the time I get home I'll be in shape. : )


4 comments:

grannyshirley said...

You should be in shape,when this is all over.

Anonymous said...

hey I hope you are having fun!!!

I hope we can get together while you are closer but if not, I am planning to come for a visit in the Fall!

One of my oldest friends is moving down your way so I can hit you both up!

+hug+

Emily said...

Thank goodness it's you and not me :P ha ha! I would hate the city...If it weren't for the frozen food in the back of the car my groceries would sit there for a week ha ha...and I just have to make two trips to the car just about 15 steps away!!!! Such a whimp.

Jac said...

You GET those bags! Way to go!!!