Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Allergist Follow up

We had Aynslee's follow up for her allergy testing today. She is allergic to eggs. We have to do a major overhaul on her diet. NO chicken nuggets, or pancakes or cookies, etc.

I went into Whole Foods after we left his office and got her some egg free nuggets, cereal bars, waffles and pasta. I also got some egg replacer so I can make her cookies or cakes from time to time.

We will have to carry an epipen with us and leave one at her school.

She still doesn't qualify for the medical exemption for vaccines so I will need to get a religious excemption from the state. I'll tackle that next week.

Wish me luck I really don't want to deal with the people at the Health Department after my phone call with them a few months ago.

7 comments:

grannyshirley said...

History repeating it self.

Allison said...

Here's my favorite pancake recipe which has no eggs.
mix together in a bowl:
1 cup flour (I use whole wheat)
1 T. baking powder
pinch salt
mix together (it's less dishes to mix this all in one of those 4 c. liquid measuring cups):
1 cup liquid (milk, soy milk, almond milk or water)
a splash of oil (2 T or so)
a smaller splash of sweetener (1 Tish honey or maple syrup)

Add liquid to dry and stir briefly. Cook them up.

For less flat pancakes, you can add a grated apple & a bit of cinnamon or a finely grated carrot (I can't taste it, but it does add body). You can also add some ground up flax seeds. Or some berries. Or chopped nuts.

Kelli said...

You should try the gelatin in place of eggs (see Wendy DeWitt info online, or I have a copy). And, I have an awesome Easy Eggless Chocolate Cake recipe! Let me know if you're interested.

Lacey said...

The doctor here was actually very accomadating the school nurse was a tad difficult but P's dr took care of all the paper work.

Emily said...

Why don't she qualify? I am so glad you have a Whole Foods there so you can get alternate things for her to eat that are egg free. I guess you'd have to go to Jackson here or order online!!!

Christy said...

http://kylie.wordpress.com/ Check out this blog. My son has tree nut allergies but for a while we weren't sure. She has a great egg-free dairy-free pancake recipe as well as others. Good luck.

Christy

Christy said...

Sorry to post again...look up Wacky Cake recipes. It is a depression era cake that uses baking soda and vinegar for the rising agent instead of eggs and dairy. I really like it and I'm not allergic to eggs. My kids like it a lot too.