Wednesday, August 19, 2009

getting ready for school

Yesterday Aynslee had to go take a little test at school. They like to see where they are and get a sense if they are shy or outgoing because they pair them with the opposite personality to help each other out. Avery and I had to wait in the office. When they came back Aynslee was so excited. The teacher that did the test was very impressed with the writing skills and everything else they went over. I guess she aced the little test. Since she is super outgoing she will be paired up with child that is shy.

Friday is Open House were we get to meet her teacher. Monday is the 1st day of school. I thought I was ready for it but as it gets closer I'm not looking forward to it. I know she will do great and the break from home will do her good. But from here on out every year we'll be starting school, no more vacations in the fall or winter. Or having a pajama day just cause we want to. It's going to be a big adjustment for us especially me.

Avery really wants to go to school too but I can't see spending $140. + a week for her to attend at 2. I don't think at 2 she really needs to be in preschool. I plan on spending some quality one on one time with her going to storytime during the week and other fun things. It will be good for her and me.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That is great! I know Aynslee will do great! It will be different for Avery to get used to her being gone. I know we have had some issues with Tripp the past three days...he seems just kinda lost, Whiney! I think he wants someone to play with. I can't wait to hear how she does. Give her a kiss for me.

grannyshirley said...

Way to go, Aynslee. You will do great. You are your daddy's daughter, he is very outgoing and you are like that. Little miss personallity. I am excited to hear how you do your first day at school. I think it will be good for mommy and Avery to do things together. I hope she doesn't miss her big sister, to much.