Friday, November 13, 2009

We've had the sickies.

This is has been a record week in our house for us being sick. My kids are rarely sick but I guess with school starting we get to enjoy the concept of germ sharing.

Aynslee started last week with a fever and missed school on Friday. On Sat night Avery woke up throwing up and running fever. She refused to take anything to reduce the fever which got up to 103. so I took her to the ER on Sunday. Her diagnosis was upper respiratory infection. I was irritated to say the least with Doctor that saw her. He didn't even check her for the flu or strep which I think should be a given seeing that we've had a lot of cases of it in the area. There was a few kids at Aynslee's school with the H1N1 virus.

After I got home on Sunday with Avery I noticed Aynlsee wasn't acting like herself. Her fever was back, but no other symptoms.

I went to bed early on Sunday hoping to get more rest since Sat night I was up a lot checking on Avery. About an hour after I went to sleep, Avery came into my room and started to throw up. She did that every 15-20 minutes for a few hours. We finally got in bed and slept for a few hours.

Monday I sent Aynslee to school her fever had been gone for almost 24 hours. I hate her to miss school. On Monday night Aynslee threw up only once and had no fever.

Weds was a day off for her so we just stayed home. I started to get the beginnings of a cold. I'd had a scratchy sore throat for a few days. Weds night she woke up and said her ear hurt. She slept terribly for a while complaining that it hurt. So yesterday morning I checked her when she got up, another fever. I got her an appointment to be checked. It's not a ear infection yet but could turn into one because the ear drum was bulging. I came home with an antibiotic and more Tylenol for her. The antibiotic is just in case so I don't have to go in over the weekend to the ER if her ear is still bothering her. But she has a nasty cough no more fever since yesterday morning. By the time I got her to the Dr's her fever was gone. I didn't give her anything for it before we left. I was in a hurry to get out the door since I had gotten us an early appointment.

They seem to be on the mend this morning.

If this is what having a school age child means I think we might homeschool. :o)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I don't know that it really matters if they are in school or not. Tripp has been sick twice in the last month and he isn't in any school, and Kenzie had actually missed almost a week of school when he got sick...I think it's Wal-Mart! Ha ha! Just kidding.