Well, they suck! {sorry it's the truth no sugar coating here}
We had to say good bye to our Chief yesterday for 6 months. The girls {and me} were ok until it was time for him to get on the plane. I was really surprised to see Spice who's a daddy's girl take it so well. Sugar took it so much harder than I thought she would. Poor girl was beside herself and refused to leave the terminal until she saw her daddy get on that plane. Then she became upset because she thought that he didn't see her waving to him as he started up the steps to the airplane. Talk about heart wrenching! It was one of those moments as a parent that you wished you could shield them from, just make it all go away.
I just keep reminding myself how sweet the day will be when he comes home AND how happy those girls will be to see their daddy. I know that nothing can take the place in their hearts of the pride they feel even as little girls to know their daddy does such an important job. Sugar is always telling people, "My daddy is a Chief."
So even though the seperation is hard and sometimes seems unending we are proud of our Sailor and happy to keep the home fires burning while he's away. We ask you to pray for his safety as well as all the other service members that are currently deployed for our freedom and for their families.
I am proud to be a United States Navy Wife!
2 comments:
You are right deployments suck! I will be praying for all of you.
I'm sorry for your family and I thank you on behalf of the rest of the country. If you need anything, you know where to find me. Poor Sugar! ...and Spice, but so sad that Sugar took it so hard.
Post a Comment