Sunday, November 08, 2009

Avery

My little Avery is very sick. She woke up last night around 11:00pm throwing up. She had a fever before bedtime but was acting normal. I tried to give her some motrin and tylenol but she screamed and refused to take it this was before bed. After I cleaned her up I put her to bed in my room in the toddler bed with a bowl and some gatorade. I woke up around five this morning and felt her head which felt very hot. I decided to try to give her some more medicine. That sent her into a gagging and throw up episode. Her temp was 102.1, I gave her another bath. Then tried to give her more medicine this time trying to get her to drink it out of the cup. She refused.

We went back to bed and she slept until 8:00am. Right now she is eating a popcisle.

So what do you do when your child won't take the fever reducing medicine?

1 comment:

Wendi said...

My sister had that problem with her oldest daughter. She would mix tylenol and enough juice to make a few ice cubes. Once frozen she would have a bag of juice only and tylenol/juice mixed ones in the freezer. She would give her both kinds while she was sick to keep her hydrated and medicated. She never noticed when she switched to the one with tylenol.

Hope Avery is feeling better soon!